Veterans Inc., the largest provider of services to veterans and their families throughout New England, is looking for a professional, highly motivated, goal oriented, skilled, and hardworking individual to fill an opening on its Senior Leadership Team to oversee advancement and fundraising initiatives, and become a valued member of Veterans Inc. team!
The successful candidate will be responsible for strengthening and diversifying funding by planning, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive advancement program for Veterans Inc. This position is responsible for directing fundraising, volunteer, marketing, and communications activities.
This position will be based out of our headquarters located at 69 Grove Street, Worcester, MA 01605. This is a full time position with full benefits (health, dental, vision, 403B, paid time off, short/long term disability and life insurance, etc.)
Must be able to pass a CORI and background investigation. Must be able to start within two weeks of receiving a job offer.
Please include your minimum hourly salary requirement in your application. Applications that do not include minimum salary requirements will not be considered.
Veterans Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued, and welcomed, on all levels within the organization!
Please, no recruiters!
- Oversee fundraising events and activities.
- Identify and cultivate relationships with individuals, associations, foundations and corporations in the service areas across New England to solicit financial support.
- Oversee capital campaigns in support of the organization's strategic plans.
- Develop, implement, and manage a planned giving program that supports philanthropy through bequests, charitable trusts, and endowments.
- Develop and implement fundraising policies and procedures.
- Oversee the gift processing and acknowledgement program. Ensure comprehensive, accurate donor and prospective donor records.
- Generate financial reports regarding gifts, grants, and pledges.
- Oversee coordination of volunteers.
- Oversee the agency's social media presence and marketing collateral. Plan and manage presentations, tours, and/or speaking engagements to corporations and foundations. Provide awareness information and orientation activities.
- Oversee external communications (i.e.: messaging and branding). Ensure communications vehicles are in place to create momentum and awareness as well as to test the effectiveness of communications activities.
- Serve as primary relationship manager/liaison with foundation funders, and corporate funders as needed. Prepare letters of inquiry, proposals, reports, budgets, acknowledgments and other materials as needed to secure and advance support.
- Research and collect relevant statistical data; maintain annual statistical data on existing programs.
- Development of an annual report.
- Prepare reports as needed for the Executive Team and Board of Trustees.
- Prepare weekly written report on department's activities to senior management.
- Management Duties: Supervision of designated staff. Responsible for timely performance reviews for all staff and developing goals with staff input. Responsible for coordinating with Human Resources regarding disciplinary measures, employee relations, and employee training and development. Responsible for authorizing and approving staff time, attendance and reimbursement requests as set forth in Veterans Inc. policy and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand, communicate and follow Veterans Inc. policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in front of a computer monitor for long periods of time.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality.
- Ability to be flexible, adapt to changing situations, meet deadlines, and work under pressure.
- Ability to resolve problems within scope of responsibilities.
- Ability to maintain acceptable attendance and punctuality standards.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively and professionally with veterans, staff, management, vendors and other referral sources as needed
- Must be able to communicate effectively with clients, staff, volunteers, and visitors, both orally and in writing.
- Responsible for responding effectively to changing demands.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background records check and drug screening.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Nonprofit Administration, Public Administration, Communications, or Related Field required.
- Master's degree in Business, Nonprofit Administration, Public Administration, Communications, or Related Field preferred.
- CFRE highly valued.
- Two years of management or supervisory experience.
- Five years of fundraising experience.
- Experience and/or certification in Principles of Lean Management Systems or Six Sigma highly valued.
For more information, or to apply now; visit our website. Please do not mail, email, or fax your cover letter/resume to us as we only accept applications through our website. Mailed, emailed, or faxed cover letter, resume, and applications will not be reviewed nor considered!
If you need assistance completing an application please contact ...@veteransinc.org. Emails regarding application status will not be returned.
No Recruiters Please!
- Concertation and critical thinking
- Analytical skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Verbal & Written communication
- Confidential interactions
- Vision Acuity to be able to see in the normal range with or without correction.
- Hearing Ability to hear within normal audio range, with or without correction.
- Driving: Frequency Occasionally; Must have valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Fine manipulation and simple grasping with one or both hands: Frequency - Frequently
- Sitting: Frequency - Occasionally
- Standing: Frequency- Frequently
- Walking: Frequency- Frequently
- Reaching, pushing, pulling: Frequency- Frequently
- Lifting: up to 50 lbs., Frequency- Occasionally
- Carrying up to 50 lbs., Frequency- Occasionally
- Office Setting: Frequency- Frequently
- Outside: Frequency- Occasionally
- Worker is not frequently exposed to hazards chemicals or environment.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Associated topics: administrative, assist, assistant, asso, associate, document, food, operational assistant, operations director, staff
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...