Assistant, Event Operations - Viacom - New York - 10007
21 Warren St
Check out similar listings!
Loading some great jobs for you...
Overview and Responsibilities
The Event Operations & Food Services team is a creative and innovative department with exposure to almost every department across all channels and divisions within Viacom. Work with a diverse group of support teams such as culinary, audio visual, security, planning & design, and facilities/building management. Events range from an Executive dinner for 10 people to the MTV Ad Sales NYE Times Square event.
* You will assist the Director of Event Operations and two Event Managers with all internal event and meeting operations including research, contracts, meeting scheduling, setup, breakdown, after-event follow-up.
* You will prepare, create, and distribute event contract proposals and cost estimates under the direct supervision of the Director and Event Managers.
* You will handle the communication of event logistics, setup and special requests with internal departments and external vendors for events.
* You will be responsible for researching, vetting, and updating lists of vendors including caterers, florists, entertainment, decor, gift ideas, and food venues.
* You will help the Senior Director with special projects and food service marketing including but not limited to online research, social media, marketing materials, and caf? menu planning.
* You will process internal/external invoice payments within the Viacom Payment System.
* You will submit monthly Concur T&E expense reports for team.
* Handle the monthly MasterCard Meeting Card expense reports and check requisitions.
* Should possess strong creative skills and an innovative approach to menu and decor planning.
* Flexibility with early mornings/late nights and weekends when necessary.
* Ability to work independently while maintaining a reciprocal mentality to insure each event is operated smoothly to guests and managements satisfaction.
* Should be flexible and work well in an environment where needs and priorities are subject to sudden change or revision.
* Bachelor's Degree with 1-2 years in Event Support, preferably in Professional Services and/or Media Services.
* Ability to lift heavy objects (10 lbs.)
* Highly proficient in Social Media, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
* Multi tasker and able to work in a fast-pace environment.
* Strong project and time management skills and ability to prioritize projects.