The Senior Business Analyst ensures that Viacom Media Networks Domestic Content Distribution team's application portfolio is well-supported. The primary goal is to become a domain expert on all business and system processes for the Domestic Content Distribution business units. The resource will apply that expertise to help support the systems' portfolio in support of the business objectives. You will be part of a team that bridges the gap between the business users and the Applications Development team responsible for building and maintaining Sales systems. The Sales Systems' application suite spans content distribution, affiliate marketing and communications, order management, advertising inventory management, trafficking and delivery, billing and collections, and reporting and analysis.
Specifically, the Senior Business Analyst will:
* Work with the business to define and document the application requirements * Work with the business to set and handle development priority * Support time-sensitive monthly billing, financial closes and liability management activities * Support the technical manager in documenting project plans, and specifications and obtain \"sign off\" from the business for system initiatives * Support projects through the full life cycle, from justification through implementation and training * Stay aware of business initiatives and address potential impacts to systems/operations (e.g. network launches, mergers, new business required improvements, etc.) * Work with technical manage to provide timely status on all activities for team, including clear identification of all risk and issues affecting scope of work
* Level one support for Content Distribution Domestic application suite * Identify and resolve problems which may impact applications health; by monitoring user feedback and issues; Call out meaningful issues with complete analysis and recommendation to the attention of the Technical Manager so that decisions can be made promptly * Help identify and resolve potential problems and design flaws * Support Technical Manager in planning and leading releases for the Content Distribution Domestic applications * Work closely with business users to ensure development activities are in alignment with business objectives * Work with offshore development team to ensure delivery and support of application improvement and bug fixes * Act as a liaison between MTS and the business community * Support diverse and demanding business customers with a professional, courteous manner * Perform application support and analysis including documentation and sign off of Business Requirements, Product Upgrade Briefs, Application roadmaps, Product Incident Reports
* 2 - 5 years' experience as a business analyst or equivalent role * Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field (or equivalent experience) preferred
* Senior Business Analyst experience * Extraordinary interpersonal skills - written, presentation skills, etc. * Extraordinary client handling skills - able to work with all levels of staff within Domestic Content Distribution * Understanding of the software development lifecycle * Established project management skills including familiarity with project scheduling and tracking documents * Ability to apply the following tools: MS Excel, MS Project, MS Access, MS Visio, MS PowerPoint.
Associated topics: bi, business, business finance, business intelligence, business systems analyst, examiner, guidance, law, refine, regulation
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.