VillageCare - Redefining Wellness
121 West 20th St., New York, NY
VillageCare Aids Day Treatment Program
Job Title: RN Clinical Coordinator
Roles & Responsibilities:
Provide health and nursing services to Adult Day Health Care clients.
* Monitor the health status of each client and conduct physical assessments as necessary.
* Conduct 30/90 day assessments which includes medication adherence, pain assessment, education about lab work, discussion about high risk behavior and general HIV/AIDS awareness.
* Complete RAI and initial nursing assessments for newly enrolled clients within 30 days of admission.
* Provide and document direct nursing treatment based on assessment, care planning and approval by clients PCP.
* Complete care plans quarterly and prn and attend clinical/care plan meetings for individual clients.
* Execute medical regimens authorized by PCP (ex. Injections, med box filling, calling in refills to pharmacy, etc.)
* Develop and conduct weekly health and wellness educational forums for clients.
* Complete quarterly PCP medical update forms and outreach to PCP by phone when necessary.
* Liaison with other interdisciplinary staff about health services and interventions for clients.
* Ensures prescriptions and appointments with client's health care facilities are arranged and reminders are made to clients as needed.
* Serve on various committees within the organization and evaluate and implement recommendations from these committees.
* Attend care plan meetings, case conferences and staff meetings.
* Facilitate weekly health education and nursing support groups as assigned.
* Ensure medical charts are in good order.
* Education: Bachelor's Degree.
* Experience: A minimum of 1 year of job-related experience.
* Spanish Required
You are a team member who serves as a positive example and reflection of why others trust the intentions of VillageCare by:
* Being honest and trustworthy
* Meeting your commitments and obligations
* Acknowledging your role in actions or events with unsatisfactory outcomes
Customer Focus/Cultural Awareness
You are a team member who understands the importance of strong customer service internally and externally and you demonstrate this by identifying customer needs and expectations, and responding to them in a timely and effective manner. You are consistently customer focused by:
* Demonstrating an awareness of the needs of individuals through recognizing multiple levels of connections
* Anticipates and prevents delays or other things that can adversely affect the customer.
* Keeping customers informed about the status of pending actions and inquires
You are a team member who adjusts quickly and effectively to changing conditions and demands. You understand that change is a necessary and an inevitable aspect of organizational life as well as an opportunity to learn new things. As such, you are flexible and agile by:
* Maintaining a positive view of potentially stressful situations
* Accepting and adapting to organizational or departmental changes
* Viewing change as opportunities for VillageCare to grow in a direction that better serves our clients and our employees
Result Oriented/Innovative Thinking
You are a team member who consistently looks for new and innovative approaches that will improve efficiency in your role. You champion new ideas and build upon existing processes by:
* Using data/fact-based information to make decisions relevant your role
* Understands that obstacles will occur and refuses to use them as an excuse for not achieving results
You are a team member that consistently supports VillageCare's larger organizational culture by displaying a commitment to the three cultural drivers that make VillageCare and our employees vital to the healthcare space by:
* Exceeding expectations in both internal and external customer service areas
* Using data and key information to inform decisions pertinent to your role (where applicable)
* Utilizing relationships, tools and positivity to enhance organizational performance through communication and collaborative team work
VillageCare is committed to superior outcomes in quality health care. Do you share a common commitment to* patient care, customer service and passion *for individuals' well-being ?
With over 25,000 people served in 2017, VillageCare's mission is to promote healing, better health and well-being to the fullest extent possible.
VillageCare began in 1977 as a project by community volunteers to rescue and reorganize a for-profit nursing home slated for closure. It has become a much larger organization that provides post-acute care, community-based services and managed long-term care. As a result of this history, VillageCare has become a valued resource for the people we serve, their caregivers and other provider organizations with which we partner.
VillageCare is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
VillageCare is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
* EOE Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans*
Associated topics: ambulatory, cardiothoracic, care, care unit, infusion, intensive care unit, maternal, recovery, staff nurse, tcu