Reporting to the IT Director of Data Management, the Manager of Data Governance is responsible for establishing, maintaining and implementing a data management strategy that is aligned with the organization's data strategy, approved by all relevant stakeholders, communicated across the organization, and reflected in architecture, technology and business planning. This position will act as the primary liaison between VillageCare's business teams for their needs for data management, data quality and data governance. They will be responsible for ensuring the appropriate use of data across the company given VillageCare's unique data flows.
* Define Data Governance roles, accountability, and ownership and decision rights
* Own and manage a central process to capture, prioritize and manage data remediation efforts across the organization
* Remediate, and certify critical data elements across various systems to ensure consistency
* Work with the business units to ensure data ownership and quality, and with cybersecurity to ensure data security
* Define the \"single-source of truth\" for different data sets
* Monitor data quality, identify data quality issues, oversee remediation plans, implementation of data controls, and manage data quality remediation strategies
* Work closely with our Legal, Information Security, Engineering and Analytics teams to document our data mapping in a tool, and continue to own it on an ongoing basis
* Responsible for management of reference data in enterprise data warehouse to ensure that reporting across the organization is consistent
* Ensure information management plans outline data capture, data flow, data queries, manual checks, and data listings needed to ensure data integrity and interoperability
* Communicate and ensure \"best practices\" around data flow, management, stewardship and governance
* Focus on Data Governance projects that create business value and lead to adoption of scalable, beneficial, best practices in the use of data resources
* Develop recommendations to reduce data redundancy and encourage appropriate data reuse by defining and managing authoritative sources of information
* Document VillageCare's data flows, create data dictionaries, identify critical data elements, execute a strategy to monitor data quality in an automated, ongoing way
* Drive the adoption of best-in-class Data Governance approaches (Meta Data Management / Data Cataloging, Data Quality, Master Data Management, & lineage) across all parts of the business and data domains
* In partnership with the business, establish and maintain a Data Quality and Stewardship Framework, which consists of policies, standard operating procedures, measures, standards and requirements, to foster awareness, trust, and strengthen ownership and accountability.
* Create a culture of data democratization and ensure data is discoverable, catalogued, categorized and available to support a variety of data products and services
* Design and develop frameworks and data quality control mechanisms to ensure highest levels of data integrity and quality across the company
* Stand up constant monitoring of master data against the currently used data in various business processes to identify the gaps, discrepancies and the opportunities to further improve quality of master data.
* Partner with business leaders to establish scalable data stewardship roles and processes.
* Provide strategic direction and management of the planning, development, and implementation of various projects and initiatives in support of enterprise data governance and data quality.
* Drive improvement projects to maximize value of data quality (e.g. quantify the cost/impact of poor data quality.)
* Develop KPI's and KRI's for the data quality function.
* Perform data quality activities (data quality rule creation, edit checks, identification of issues, root cause analysis, value case analysis, remediation and 2nd line of defense monitoring.)
* Strengthen the data steward role within the organization so that that the data stewards are monitoring the quality of the data that they originate and consume.
* Provide guidance to functional area owners, IT leads and data stewards in resolving data conflicts as they arise.
* Contribute toward the development and execution of education trainings and roadshows on data quality organization, processes, policies and standards across the enterprise.
* Identify, plan and execute data quality remediation processes to ensure achievable and measurable milestones are mapped out for delivery and are effectively communicated.
* BA/BS in information systems or a business/scientific/quantitative related discipline, a master's degree in a relevant field a plus
* 5 + years' experience in Data Governance, Data Management, data architecture, data modeling, data analysis experience and/or data science experience preferably in a healthcare or related environment.
* Experience implementing a data governance tools such as Collibra/Waterline/Infomatica/Unify
* Prior experience in building a data governance function and running a data governance team, including setting up data stewards. * Experience documenting data flows and processes
* Outstanding project management skills
* Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
* Subject matter expertise as it relates to PII (Personable Identifiable Information), PHI (Personal Health Information), HIPAA, NY Medicaid, Medicare data sets and other global regulatory requirements, as needed.
You are a team member who serves as a positive example and reflection of why others trust the intentions of VillageCare by:
* Being honest and trustworthy * Meeting your commitments and obligations * Acknowledging your role in actions or events with unsatisfactory outcomes
Customer Focus/Cultural Awareness
You are a team member who understands the importance of strong customer service internally and externally and you demonstrate this by identifying customer needs and expectations, and responding to them in a timely and effective manner. You are consistently customer focused by:
* Demonstrating an awareness of the needs of individuals through recognizing multiple levels of connections * Anticipates and prevents delays or other things that can adversely affect the customer. * Keeping customers informed about the status of pending actions and inquires
You are a team member who adjusts quickly and effectively to changing conditions and demands. You understand that change is a necessary and an inevitable aspect of organizational life as well as an opportunity to learn new things. As such, you are flexible and agile by:
* Maintaining a positive view of potentially stressful situations * Accepting and adapting to organizational or departmental changes * Viewing change as opportunities for VillageCare to grow in a direction that better serves our clients and our employees
Result Oriented/Innovative Thinking
You are a team member who consistently looks for new and innovative approaches that will improve efficiency in your role. You champion new ideas and build upon existing processes by:
* Using data/fact-based information to make decisions relevant your role * Understands that obstacles will occur and refuses to use them as an excuse for not achieving results
You are a team member that consistently supports VillageCare's larger organizational culture by displaying a commitment to the three cultural drivers that make VillageCare and our employees vital to the healthcare space by:
* Exceeding expectations in both internal and external customer service areas * Using data and key information to inform decisions pertinent to your role (where applicable) * Utilizing relationships, tools and positivity to enhance organizational performance through communication and collaborative team work
VillageCare is committed to superior outcomes in quality health care. Do you share a common commitment to patient care, customer service and passion for individuals' well-being ?
With over 25, 000 people served in 2017 , VillageCare 's mission is to promote healing, better health and well-being to the fullest extent possible.
VillageCare began in 1977 as a project by community volunteers to rescue and reorganize a for-profit nursing home slated for closure. It has become a much larger organization that provides post-acute care, community-based services and managed long-term care. As a result of this history, VillageCare has become a valued resource for the people we serve, their caregivers and other provider organizations with which we partner.
VillageCare is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
VillageCare is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.