VillageCare - Redefining Wellness
Requisition # 2398
Job Title: RN Assessor UAS
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Nurse Assessor is responsible for conducting face to face comprehensive assessments on all new potential enrollees, as well as current members, to determine service needs and continued eligibility based on the member's needs.
* Monitors member/client progress toward desired outcomes through assessment and evaluation.
* Utilizes clinical skills to assess and document all aspects of the potential members long-term community based needs, in compliance with the MLTC contract, determining eligibility for potential new members.
* Provides community-based training and education for frail population care including self-care techniques and prevention strategies.
* Conducts face to face UAS-NY assessments according to state guidelines, policies, procedures, and protocols.
* Completes UAS-NY Assessment along with VillageCareMax assessment workbook as assigned to determine continuing eligibility and / or identify any needed changes to Plan of Care.
* Conducts comprehensive assessment of all aspects of potential new members condition - clinical, social, and environmental to determine the level of services needed to appropriately keep member safe in the community.
* Gathers clinical information from various sources to address all conditions, and follows appropriate guideline, policy, procedure and clinical judgment in completing assessment requirements.
* Communicates with consumers, families, providers, and other parties as needed to complete accurate comprehensive assessment.
* Understands the needs of vulnerable populations who have chronic or complex bio-psychosocial needs.
* Acts as intermediary between providers and members, serving in numerous roles such as evaluator, educator, and community resource researcher.
* Explains VillageCareMax features and benefits, including explanation of the member's handbook.
* Consults with supervisor and others in overcoming barriers in meeting goals and objectives.
* Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
* Language: proficiency in Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, Russian, and/or Creole preferred.
* A minimum of 2-3 years clinical experience with home care, insurance plan preferred.
* Proficiency in use of UAS-NY is required
* Minimum 1 year home care, hospice, or field based case management experience is preferred.
* Ability to travel within a designated geographic area for in-person case management activities is required.
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills required.
* Proficiency with standard corporate software applications, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, as well as some special proprietary applications required.
* Ability to work independently is required.
* MLTC/ Managed Medicaid/MAP/FIDA experience preferred.
* Certification: Active NYS RN License.
You are a team member who serves as a positive example and reflection of why others trust the intentions of VillageCare by:
* Being honest and trustworthy
* Meeting your commitments and obligations
* Acknowledging your role in actions or events with unsatisfactory outcomes
Customer Focus/Cultural Awareness
You are a team member who understands the importance of strong customer service internally and externally and you demonstrate this by identifying customer needs and expectations, and responding to them in a timely and effective manner. You are consistently customer focused by:
* Demonstrating an awareness of the needs of individuals through recognizing multiple levels of connections
* Anticipates and prevents delays or other things that can adversely affect the customer.
* Keeping customers informed about the status of pending actions and inquires
You are a team member who adjusts quickly and effectively to changing conditions and demands. You understand that change is a necessary and an inevitable aspect of organizational life as well as an opportunity to learn new things. As such, you are flexible and agile by:
* Maintaining a positive view of potentially stressful situations
* Accepting and adapting to organizational or departmental changes
* Viewing change as opportunities for VillageCare to grow in a direction that better serves our clients and our employees
Result Oriented/Innovative Thinking
You are a team member who consistently looks for new and innovative approaches that will improve efficiency in your role. You champion new ideas and build upon existing processes by:
* Using data/fact-based information to make decisions relevant your role
* Understands that obstacles will occur and refuses to use them as an excuse for not achieving results
You are a team member that consistently supports VillageCare's larger organizational culture by displaying a commitment to the three cultural drivers that make VillageCare and our employees vital to the healthcare space by:
* Exceeding expectations in both internal and external customer service areas
* Using data and key information to inform decisions pertinent to your role (where applicable)
* Utilizing relationships, tools and positivity to enhance organizational performance through communication and collaborative team work
VillageCare is committed to superior outcomes in quality health care. Do you share a common commitment to patient care, customer service and passion for individuals' well-being ?
With over 25, 000 people served in 2017 , VillageCare 's mission is to promote healing, better health and well-being to the fullest extent possible.
VillageCare began in 1977 as a project by community volunteers to rescue and reorganize a for-profit nursing home slated for closure. It has become a much larger organization that provides post-acute care, community-based services and managed long-term care. As a result of this history, VillageCare has become a valued resource for the people we serve, their caregivers and other provider organizations with which we partner.
VillageCare is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
VillageCare is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Associated topics: care, ccu, infusion, intensive, intensive care unit, neonatal, nurse, nurse rn, psychiatric, recovery