The Partner Business Manager is responsible for the relationship with partners through strong business management skills. The core goal of the PBM is to achieve revenue targets through their partners. In this dynamic field-based role, you will develop and implement selling strategies for VMware products and services through VMware channel partners, thereby growing their revenue. You will build sustainable business practices and foster strategic relationships across VMware and partner business organizations through the development and execution of strategic partner business plans. A successful Partner Business Manager will have proven experience in business development and planning and will be a highly motivated teammate.
* Partner management: Develop strategic relationships with key partners to drive commitment to VMware products and solutions and to increase the revenue driven through each partner. Meet partner sales and business plan targets.
* Pipeline management: Drive joint VMware/partner pipeline from demand generation to close utilizing virtual partner and field sales teams. Effectively communicate, report, track and manage sales pipelines to senior management. Promote collaboration with internal and external resources to facilitate regular communication between partners and VMware.
* Practice development: Drive development of partner services offerings and solutions to support VMware revenue growth and increase partner profitability, focusing on advanced technologies including hyper-converged infrastructure and cloud. Increase partners' VMware sales and delivery capabilities through sales, presales & technical certifications.
* Partner business planning: Generate and drive sales and marketing plans (Partner Joint Business Plans) with all assigned partners, including services practice initiation, enablement, business development, and pipeline generation. Set shared goals and objectives.
* Partner enablement: Work closely with sales segments and regional sales leaders to execute enablement plans. Establish partner training and use territory specialists to drive enablement activities, ensuring partners have active support from VMware to be successful.
* Partner and customer satisfaction: Ensure partner satisfaction through coordinating appropriate resources and programs on behalf of a partner, including co-selling engagements. Ensure customer satisfaction by building partner service capabilities.
Desired Skills and Experience:
* Pipeline management: Proven proficiency with tools and consistent processes for analyzing, assessing, and forecasting a joint pipeline with partners. Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategies to increase pipeline volume and velocity jointly with partners.
* VMware solution architectural knowledge: Experience developing and understanding high level solution architecture approaches and applying them to partner solution development and GTM scenarios.
* Solution selling: Strong experience in communicating value proposition in terms of partners' and customers' business needs. Demonstrated ability to use different methods (interviews, questionnaires, etc.) to uncover partner and customer solution needs. Knowledge of designing end-to-end solutions approaches encompassing products, services, processes, etc. based on customers' requirements.
* Joint selling orchestration: Strong ability to integrate partner sales, VMware core sales and extended teams to facilitate joint selling efforts.
* Partner management: Minimum 5-8+ years' experience in channel sales. Experience working with solution providers, OEM partners, VAR channels, and distribution in a matrix sales organization leading multi-functional teams.
* Partner focus: Demonstrated commitment and interest in both internal and external partner needs. Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills to provide innovative solutions for partner issues and to drive joint VMware and partner business opportunities. Strong demonstrated experience with partner economics, business models, and motivations for partner success.
* Business industry acumen: Strong sales and business insight, expertise in recognizing and acting on go-to-market approaches, marketing programs, joint value propositions, and business cases around strategic partnerships.
* Drive for results: Highly motivated, driven, and has strong business ethics. Proven track record of achieving business objectives in a highly competitive partner channel environment including meeting or exceeding revenue goals and working with complex national and global partners and alliances.
* Teamwork/Virtual Team management: Strong ability to build and drive relationships and team orchestration with partners, field sales, inside sales, and marketing teams. Ability to engage, excite, influence, and coordinate both partner resources and direct and indirect VMware resources.
* Executive engagement: Ability to be credible and gain agreement from partner and VMware executives and drive executive relationships. Experience in developing precise, comprehensive executive engagement plans that ensure successful execution of joint business plans and strategies.
* Influencing and negotiation: Exhibits credibility and executive presence, influencing and instilling confidence at all executive and management levels.