- Volunteers of America
- $83,450.00 -117,470.00/year*
Healthcare - Nursing
21 Warren St
The Nurse ensures the optimal health and medical service delivery of the individuals.
Graduate from an accredited nursing program; NYS clean valid Driver's License with 2 years experience; and some experience in the field of developmental disabilities.
* Provide training on consumers health issues.
* Conduct medication assessments/evaluation for staff and consumers as needed.
* Review medication administration documentation and regime.
* Review clinic summaries and provide recommendations as necessary to insure compliance with OMRDD regulations and good nursing practice.
* Perform all injectables as necessary to consumers and staff.
* Maintain current medication information sheet in accordance with medication administration.
* Maintain program in compliance with OSHA standards as identified on the medical section of the OSHA tracking sheet.
* Prepare monthly summaries and provide updated information for ISP meeting
* Attend and participate in incident review, human rights, and team meetings
Effect On End Results:
* Training to staff regarding consumers-specific health issues is complete on on-going basis. Staff AMAP re-certified, purring completed.
* Provide consistent quality health care services to all consumers.
* MAR's reviewed and documented for each ensuring month for accuracy. Medication assessment and medication regime in accordance with OMRDD regulations. Staff counseled in the event of a medication error.
* Health care provision is in compliance with funders regulations, All consult findings and recommendations are properly documented. Communication with Direct Care Staff including clinical liaisons on follow up issues is well established
* Injectables which are necessary to consumer well-being are performed.
* Staff PPD performed and/or checked
* Medications are administered to consumers as specified by physician. Medical charts reviewed and in compliance with OMRDD regulations.
* OSHA standards are met.
* General medical conditions monitored and monthly nursing summaries are complete with updated information.
* Positive relationships are encouraged and maintained with outside agencies, parents/guardians and program team.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Associated topics: asn, care, intensive care, nurse rn, psychatric, registed, registered nurse, surgical, transitional, unit
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.