Complete Vehicle contributes to deliver the right Products & Services to all Volvo Group brand customers according to product segmentation and brand positioning. In Complete Vehicle we are a team of specialized functions with various responsibilities: Aftermarket technology developing aftermarket solutions for the brands; FVV breaking down features to technical requirements, as well as verifying and validating products and services; Product Design translating the soul of the brand to a product message; Product Builds delivering all truck and component builds; Special Vehicle Development developing niche products.
In Complete Vehicle we are close to end customers, understanding their needs and behaviors. Our engaged teams have a holistic view of the entire truck and bring hands-on truck experience.
Features, Verification & Validation is a global organization using deep customer knowledge to break down customer features into technical requirements. We drive validation plans to reach the requested feature level and secure end customer satisfaction. We also manage the verification plans thanks to world class physical and virtual tests on the complete vehicle such as durability testing in rigs, fuel economy testing, reliability testing with customers and a variety of simulations and tests with trucks on proving grounds and open roads. Our skilled and engaged teams are located in Gothenburg, Lyon, Greensboro, Curitiba, Bangalore and Ageo.
Performance Validation Testing (PVT) is a highly structured and thorough process that ensures that every function on a heavy duty truck, end-to-end, electrical or mechanical, is operating according to design and is deemed acceptable from an experienced drivers perspective.
The trucks being tested will have a wide range of new designs including, powertrain, aftertreatment systems, cab, chassis, electrical architecture, software, electric drivetrains, connectivity solutions & other new technologies. PVT is one of the test activities in the Product Validation group in FVV which is also responsible for customer field testing end-to-end function verification & reliability testing.
We are looking for a talented and customer focused individual to serve as a test engineer in our team. You should have a high degree of quality focus, and ideally have a broad background with vehicle engineering. You should have a can-do attitude and be open to working in new ways and challenging the organization to drive change.
The selected candidate will be expected to provide professional expertise as an engineer in Product Validation, work on limited portions of broader assignments, providing the necessary expertise to analyze vehicle systems to determine the best course of action to resolve actual or potential problems implementing cost effective solutions.
- Plan, develop, and perform PVT tests according to formal internal and external standards, procedures and processes; document test data and results with accurate, appropriate documentation. Truck driving (requiring CDL) is an expectation with this role.
- Utilize data acquisition, computers and diagnostics equipment to execute tests, document the test results; process and analyze data and communicate results of these activities
- Document issues found during testing appropriately and work with the engineering organization to determine root cause, and assist with verification of solutions
- Document final test results in Engineering Reports
- Work seamlessly with the other Product Validation engineers to ensure that the workload is covered at all times as required by the demands of the projects
- Keep the project teams aware of test progress activities from both technical and timing perspective.
- Conform to departmental processes and established methodologies
- The chosen candidate should gain the ability to drive or ride in heavy trucks in a rough environment and to completely inspect trucks in a shop environment
- Occasional domestic and international travel is expected
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, MS preferred
- 0-1 years of Engineering Experience
- Knowledge of Mechanical testing and instrumentation
- Presentation skills
- Proficiency in working with MS Office Applications for engineering report and presentations
- Can be developed:
- Current CDL Class A License
- Knowledge of Volvo and Mack truck functionality
- Proficiency in Volvo systems, including VDA, Protus, Protom
- Strong diagnostic/troubleshooting skills for electrical and Powertrain systems
- Strong diagnostic skills using Canalyzer, ATI Vision, Tech Tool. Digital multi-meters and oscilloscopes
- Customer Focus
- Action Oriented
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
- Personal Skills
- Attention to Detail
Reports to:Group Manager Product Validation
Associated topics: adapter, bsee, cellular, electric, electrical engineer, image processing, rf, solar, stationary engineer, wind