Posting Job Description
The CNN Story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
When you work for CNN Worldwide, your work shapes news and information platforms that reach more than 2 billion people in every time zone on the planet. Your colleagues include award-winning, top-of-the-line talent committed to telling the world's stories with immediacy and accuracy. At CNN Worldwide, you're at the forefront of the global news business.
To see what we are all about, go to www.cnn.com See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. But wait, there's more!
The CNN Research team is looking for an analyst to support CNN's TV Newsgroup businesses. We blend primary and secondary research to inform a variety of high-profile internal stakeholders with strategic insights including the executive team.
Along with regular reporting of the networks' linear performance, you will be part of a team that supports CNN's live news programs (ex: Anderson Cooper 360 & Cuomo Prime Time), as well as CNN / HLN's Original Series Program Development team, Scheduling, Marketing, Finance, Ad Sales Strategic Planning and Media Relations.
CNN is a 24x7 breaking news environment and this role will require some level of responsiveness outside of core business hours. This role will be required to do some rotational weekend \"on-call\" work - approximately 2-3 hours on the weekend.
* Develop a deep understanding of the television landscape and media research, and how they intersect
* Assist in production of daily and regular reporting needs for the CNN and HLN brands, as well as competitive networks
* Create, maintain, and clean various large-scale datasets to be translated into data visualizations through tools such as Tableau or Domo
* Provide support and recommendations (with manager oversight) for the CNN/HLN Executive Management Team
* Support the larger Research team in Upfront and long-range budget estimates (the LRP)
* Extract and analyze industry data using Nielsen research software applications (Ex: Nielsen NPower, Arianna, Star Media, etc.)
* This role may include responsibility for supporting the Liability Monthly Forecasting (audience estimates used for managing commercial inventory for CNN & HLN) and maintaining and managing the Liability Rate Card, (with manager oversight).
* Bachelor's degree required with mathematics, finance, media, research, marketing or business degree preferred
* Minimum of 2-year relevant work experience in Finance, Data Analysis, Media Research, Media Buying/Planning, Market Research, and Technical & Analytical Skills
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Power Point, Excel, Outlook, and Word)You must be able to do:
* Pivot Tables, Excel analysis formulas (IF, VLOOKUP, COUNT, SUMIF, SUMPRODUCT, etc.) and Formatting Data
* Basic skills for data analysis programming languages such as SQL, R, or Python preferred; additional experience in Tableau, PowerBI, DOMO, or other similar data visualization software is ideal
* Quick learner of new tools (ex: Nielsen software) and processes
* Strong analytical skills -- ability to collect, organize, and analyze significant amounts of data with meticulous attention to detail and accuracy, and transform into meaningful, actionable information
* Other Skills - Basic knowledge - and more importantly - a strong passion for TV, News, and the Media landscape
* Passion for current events and news
* Must be well-organized, flexible and able to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to prioritize and be detail oriented
* Ability to meet deadlines and have excellent follow-up skills
* Paid time off every year to volunteer
* Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
* 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
* 2018 Best Company for Dads
* An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
* Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.