Posting Job Description
The CNN Story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play?
The EA will support the Marketing & Communications team by providing research and administrative duties.
What will you be doing?
* Will be responsible for managing the schedule of the EVP, WarnerMedia News and Sports, CMO and Chief Communications Officer, including scheduling meetings within required parameters and understanding the business, projects, people, and issues in order to best prioritize calls, meetings, and visits
* Manage extensive travel arrangements and be able to effectively organize travel plans and anticipate and plan for executive needs
* Reconcile and submit expense reports in a timely and efficient manner
* Handle administrative functions such as organization and communication with other executives and administrators in support of executive needs
* Handle highly confidential and sensitive information and maintain professionalism at all times
* Performs advanced, diversified, and confidential administrative support requiring a high degree of autonomy and judgment to resolve frequent and complex administrative situations
* Directly or indirectly executes work that substantially affects business operations
* Has extensive contact with top levels of management, internal and external, often of a sensitive nature and directly impacting business operations
* Prepares correspondence and reports. Screens telephone calls and visitors
* Schedules appointments, meetings, and travel itineraries
What do we require from you?
* Typically requires an associate degree and several years of experience in an executive administrative role. Comprehensive knowledge of organization policies and practices
* Ability to adapt to changes in goals, resources, priorities and work styles
* Professional appearance and communication
* Must have excellent problem solving skills and be able to work independently of direction
* The ability to build effective working relationships inside and outside the Company
* Due to the nature of the position and the high level of risk associated with errors from this office, candidate must have strong attention to detail
* Must have excellent listening and communication skills and be able to comprehend and remember details communicated in a fast-paced environment
* Strong organizational and computer skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
* There may be a need to work some overtime as well as off-hours to meet deadlines; this overtime is not always anticipated, so flexibility is necessary
* Requires comprehensive skill and knowledge of organization policies and practices
* Operates a PC and software packages
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.