We are a video network dedicated to the untold, the overlooked and the flat-out amazing. Our camera-toting, curiosity-driven storytellers roam the globe in search of awesome. Humans are extraordinary. Our team is no exception.
You can find Great Big Stories here and here and here plus here but also everywhere.
Great Big Story is an award-winning global media company dedicated to cinematic storytelling. Since our launch in 2015, our network of global storytellers have traveled to more than 100 countries to share over 2,000 stories that transcend borders, engage and inspire wonder in tens of millions daily. We seek out awesome, untold and inspirational stories that shed light on the overlooked and underrepresented. Silver-screen quality with mobile in mind, GBS stories intrigue and excite everywhere you watch video ? from Facebook and YouTube and Apple News to Roku and Apple TV.
What part will you play?
The Senior Producer Great Big Story will empower the video development group to produce award-winning visuals and editorial with the very best in production and post-production techniques. The Senior Producer will be responsible for the field production and post-production capability of the unit, as well as helping individual producers craft unique video styles that are consistent with the voice of the overall video product.
What will you be doing?
* This role will require the Senior Producer to support and mentor a team of producers and associate producers, as well as collaborate with post-production editors and publishing teams.
* The Senior Producer works closely with individual producers to shepherd pieces through each stage of the editorial process ? from ideation to final edits.
* Strong script-writing skills and sense of story are a must, as the Senior Producer is responsible for approving scripts, radio edits, and overseeing final cuts.
* This role will also be responsible for end-to-end development of editorial ideas and franchises, shifting easily between smart, quick-turn projects and ambitious, multi-layered efforts.
* Senior Producers will also manage sponsored editorial campaigns, working closely with Sales teams to deliver story concepts and video exports.
* Senior Producers must be able to manage overlapping schedules and implement deadlines that are determined by the Supervising Producer.
* Field experience and camera work is a plus, as is an understanding of how shot composition and cinematic style are crucial for high-quality video content.
* In every case, the Senior Producer must be able to communicate, teach and ensure a consistent brand style and voice for the video product across different parts of the organization.
What do we need from you?
* 8+ years in a deadline-driven, high-profile, fast paced environment
* Excellent story development and writing skills.
* Proven ability to develop and produce award-winning video over mobile and social platforms.
* Shooting experience using high-sensor cameras and related gear is a plus.
* Expert-level experience with post-production software such as Adobe Premiere is a plus.
* Proven ability to manage large projects and multi-disciplined teams.
* College degree or equivalent experience.
These are (some of) the Perks
* Paid time off every year to volunteer
* A Tuition Reimbursement Program
* A huge family that includes CNN Worldwide, HBO, Adult Swim (and too many more to name)
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.