Be part of a team that is transforming entertainment through groundbreaking HBO Original
Programs and theatricals library. The VP, Studio Services within the HBO Studio & Production Services Group provides leadership, strategy, and overall management of HBO Studios post-production facilities company wide.
* Lead the Studio Services group
* Oversee the operations of HBO's internal post-production facilities, located in New York City, Hauppauge Long Island and Santa Monica California. This includes the management of staff, evangelize the capabilities of the Studio to groups within HBO and look for opportunities to offer new services and expand on the services currently offered.
* Mentor Studio Services creative and technical departments staff of artists, technicians, and managers
* Partner with cross-functional teams to implement best practices as it relates to processes and workflows for Production, Archive, and Marketing departments in the creation and preservation of content
* Oversee budgets, contracts, invoices, and cost reports for Studio departments and technology projects
* Keep up with changes in union contracts and its relationship to HBO policies, including familiarity with IBEW collective bargaining agreement.
* Attend Quarterly Union meetings, as well as ad hoc meetings as necessary
* Maintain and report on a holistic vision for Studio Services operations and technologies roadmap
* Develop and maintain strong relationships with executives and internal creatives
* Collaborate with stakeholders to lead the planning and rollout of new and emerging workflows
* Stay current with the latest creative and industry craft, trends, innovations and tools
* Drive and support short and long-term business initiatives
* Develop and maintain a strategy for evangelizing internal post-production servicers to other groups within HBO.
* Serve as an advocate of HBO in standards bodies and related industry committees
* Participate on AVID's Executive Strategy Council as a representative of HBO
* Provide insights and advisement in related areas of expertise to Warner Media investment portfolio managers
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; MBA is a plus
* 10+ years in post-production for film/television with a strong understanding of modern post production workflow and technologies.
* A minimum of 5 years of prior staff management, development and mentoring
* experience required.
* Established strong relationships within the production and post-production industries
* Solid understanding of client expectations regarding sound and picture finishing,
* graphics and online editorial.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to cultivate internal
* and external relationships and work effectively cross-functionally
* Extremely smart, entrepreneurial profile with strategic vision and strong desire to see plans put into action.
* Demonstrated expertise in consultative, solution selling and business development skills
* with ability to align the business needs with our drive to support media production
* Highly skilled in change management practices and driving organizational process
* Demonstrated leadership in achieving shared objectives in a matrixed organization,
* coordinating projects and services across business and organizational boundaries, and
* building effective cross-functional teams
* Proven ability to work with colleagues in identifying pain points, business opportunities