Recently named Best Place to Work by MM&M, The Holmes Report, PR News, PRWeek, and AdAge, W2O is an integrated marketing and communications firm powered by analytics and specializing in healthcare.
The Managing Director will be a senior leader tasked to drive the agency strategy, positioning, and offerings for our clients and support a distinctive employee experience for our multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team.
The majority of clients come from the healthcare sector with aspirations to expand into non-healthcare markets over time while continuing growth in healthcare. The current scopes are diverse and include multiple disciplines: PR, CTR, digital and social marketing, internal communications, branding, analytics and tech dev. Our clients know us as an integrated, solution-oriented consultancy to whom they can trust - regardless of project scope or scale.
Our Managing Directors will need to be agile, responsive, and have strong lateral and conceptual thinking capabilities. As W2O Group has continuously achieved significant growth over the past several years, this person must also be comfortable with ambiguity and the uncertainty which comes with rapid innovation and growth. We are a senior-led team and our clients expect to not only have access, but receive regular counsel from our leadership. However, this person must also be comfortable being tactically involved in the day-to-day workings of client work.
In addition, there is a need for strong internal communications to help manage change within the organisation, support controlled growth and maintain strong retention rates.
* Position yourself as an industry thought leader, actively networking to develop brand awareness.
* Build on current Medical Communication and Marketing offering, connecting the unique assets of W2O Group, to establish an operationalised, multi-disciplinary team including analytics, digital and creative.
* Develop programmes targeted specifically at Medical Affairs and Clinical Trials teams to access a new target audience for our consultancy.
* Grow the opportunities with clients into broader portfolio of offerings including marketing, advertising, digital and social media.
* Oversee current portfolio and growth through current client base and net new business, and manage to profitability.
* Provide senior strategic counsel across a number of existing accounts and lead multi-disciplinary team to deliver against clients KPIs.
* Client lead on a number of accounts providing senior strategic counsel, building multi-disciplinary teams by working in collaboration with shared services (analytics and creative) teams, as well as SMEs to deliver against clients KPIs.
* Immerse quickly in W2O Group offerings and methodologies to take an integrated approach to clients and new business.
* Develop 30-60-90 day plan to outline key needs, contributions and set expectations internally.
* Partner with current leadership team to drive and deliver a robust 2016 strategy for the consultancy.
* Facilitate training and coaching of current staff to support the growth of the business.
* Identify new hires to accelerate business growth through broader network or new skill set.
* Infuse existing team with continued energy and enthusiasm through internal communications and respected partnership.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required.
* A minimum of 15 years of experience in a professional environment within the public relations, communications, and or advertising industry; as well as management experience.
* A successful track record of winning new business and growing current business.
* Superior working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
* Superior communication skills and the ability to connect with a variety of audiences.
* The experience, ability and inclination to be an effective, inclusive thought leader for W20 Group.
* Exemplary interpersonal and listening skills; cultural sensitivity, particularly with respect to interfacing with global audiences via multiple media.
* Exceptional client management skills.
* A keen eye for operational efficiency and optimal use of resources; an aptitude for use of data and metrics in decision-making; the ability to plan, monitor, and tightly manage a budget.
* An awareness, appreciation, and knowledge of analytics and multi-channel marketing.
* A genuine passion for contributing to the transformation of a consultancy that is operating in a rapidly changing environment; and a desire to work with a high-energy leadership team who sets the highest standards of performance.
* Strong team-based orientation; a personality that thrives in matrixed environments and enjoys partnering with all levels of team members to achieve results.
* An approach to staff management that brings out the best in team members yielding operational excellence, pride, ownership, and a deep commitment to W20 Group
* A desire to learn regardless of the source.
The position requires some travel for client meetings and conferences (30% depending on the client).
W2O Group offers a comprehensive benefit program and perks, including unlimited and flexible PTO, expanded paid leave for new parents and a 4th Trimester program that helps new parents transition back to work, and a five-week sabbatical program. Other perks include Income Protection, Retirement plans/401(k) match, and cell phone savings plans. Learn more about our great benefits and perks at:
W2O Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We foster an environment that embraces diversity. We are stronger with a wider range of opinions, strengths, and backgrounds to achieve our goals.
Associated topics: adult psychiatry, child psychiatry, clinical, consult, consultant, consulting, mhc, neuropsychiatry, psychiatry, pyschiatrist