TheWeber Shandwick New York office is seeking a Senior Vice President or ExecutiveVice President to serve as our Social Impact practice lead.
About the Social Impact Team
Weber Shandwick'saward-winning, global Social Impact team delivers innovative strategies,solutions and creative campaigns for purpose-driven brands and organizationsaround the world, prioritizing engagement and impact above all else.
Working with clientsacross private, public and social sectors, we know what it takes to move peoplefrom awareness to action. We bring deep subject matter expertise in purposeleadership, plus issues spanning global health and development, sustainability,education and social justice. Our integrated campaigns position clients aschange leaders, engage people in amplifying a core purpose or issue, and sparksocial progress.
We Are Seeking
We are seeking agrowth driver, client counselor and team builder to join our global SocialImpact team. We're looking for people who understand how to leverage the powerof creative communications to build brands, and drive business and socialprogress ? and who are energized about opportunities to build integrated campaignsthat bring complex ideas to life, raise awareness, drive advocacy and have animpact. We are particularly focused on candidates with deep experience at theintersection of purpose and consumer marketing.
The ideal candidateswill be proven client leaders, strategists and executors, creative thinkers,digitally-savvy and passionate about social change. We seek candidates whobring experience with the private sector, and who are following theconversations that are top-of-mind for our clients ? for example, how to elevatebrands as purpose leaders.
What You Will Be Doing
* Engaging,inspiring and leading the NY-based team to deepen their skills and perspectiveson Social Impact and contributing to larger regional and global team work
* Collaborating with senior leaders in NYand the global Social Impact team to shape and implement a growth strategy
* Leading client projects, setting andmanaging against a clear vision of success and deliverables
* Driving internal and client counsel,offering perspective and ideas that advance our work
* Delivering actionable insights to framecreative and strategic recommendations, in collaboration with the agency'sstrategy and planning, and creative teams
* Creating smart earned media strategiesand executing them to drive top-tier results, along with team members
* Conceptualizing compelling content andstorytelling campaigns
* Writing, editing and producing a rangeof documents, including communications plans, media and content strategies,landscape analyses, trends and insights overviews, and new business proposals
What We Are Looking For
* Curiosity and a passion to shape what'snext in purpose communications
* Strong understanding of how to shape anddeliver enterprise communications and brand marketing programs
* Exceptional strategic thinking todevelop solutions to client needs
* Proven ability to analyze and surfaceinsights from multiple sources to identify strategic implications andrecommendations
* Savvy when it comes to media relationsand well-connected with relevant journalists
* Exceptionally talented writers, clearcommunicators and engaging presenters
* People knowledgeable about theintersection of earned, owned, shared and paid media
* Strong budgeting and financial accountmanagement skills
* Proven ability to managecross-functional teams, mentor colleagues and eager to facilitate cross-teamcollaboration and learning
* Great energy, enthusiasm, curiosity, anda sense of humor
* Bachelor's degree or higher in arelevant field
* 15 years of relevant public relationsor brand communications experience at a prior agency and/or company
* Experience as a seniorleader in a similar practice, group or function
* Experience in purpose and socialresponsibility (in client-facing capacity) extremely desirable
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading globalcommunications and engagement firm in 78 cities with a network extending to 129cities around the world. The firm's diverse team of strategists, analysts,producers, designers, developers and campaign activators has won the mostprestigious awards in the world for innovative, creative approaches andimpactful work. Weber Shandwick was the only public relations agency includedon the Advertising Age Agency A-list in 2014 and 2015 and the only PR firmdesignated an A-List Agency Standout in 2017 and 2018. Weber Shandwick washonored as PRWeek's Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016 and 2017, TheHolmes Report's Global Agency of the Year in 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2017and The Holmes Report's Global Digital Agency of the Year in 2016. The firmdeploys deep expertise across sectors and specialty areas, including consumermarketing, corporate reputation, healthcare, technology, public affairs,financial services, employee engagement, social impact, financialcommunications and crisis management, using proprietary social, digital andanalytics methodologies. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group(NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit
Weber Shandwick is an equalopportunity/affirmative action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualifiedapplicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic ornational origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability,sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
Associated topics: analyst, endowment, event, fundraise, marketplace, medical center, policy, policies, relationship, social media