901 Delaware St
Job Description Job Title: Operations Management Internship Company: Webstaurant Store
Who We Are
WEBstaurantStore.com is the leading ecommerce website to meet the purchasing needs of the food service professionals throughout the United States and Canada. Our large volume of restaurant equipment and supplies along with our buying power allows us to offer an unbeatable selection of products and industry low prices. In addition to these advantages, we also continue to stay true to our Lancaster County roots and provide good, honest customer service where our staff goes out of their way to make the shopping experience top priority.
Due to our rapid growth, we've been adding new locations across the United States and are seeking candidates to join our growing team. We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits, including a 401K match program, choice of medical plans, gym membership reimbursement, just to name a few. We believe in working hard, but also like to have fun! Check out our \"Happy\" video for a look at our company culture: . Many of our employees enjoy our company-sponsored extracurricular activities, including soccer and ping pong leagues, and volunteering opportunities.
Our rotational program is designed for undergraduate candidates who are interested in pursuing a management career in the field of operations and supply chain management. Our 6 month program will teach you about each area of our supply chain as well as obtain a functional and practical knowledge of The WEBstaurant Store's goals and initiatives. During the program you will have the opportunity to experience each segment in our day-to-day operations from inbound to outbound. Some of these areas may include but are not limited to Receiving, Picking, Packing, Consolidating, Shipping, Inventory Control, and Returns. In each area of training you will be challenged to develop new ideas and tools to not only support the growth of our business but also ensure that the best service is being delivered to our customers. The goal of this position is to prepare you for a supervisory role in one of our many warehouse locations after earning your bachelor's degree. We welcome those who are interested in relocating to one of our other locations across the country but this is not required. The company offers generous relocation assistance when moving from state to state.
Upon successful completion of the program you will have the opportunity to become one of the elite members of The WEBstaurant Store's Leadership team. In your management role you will be held accountable for the day to day decisions regarding the input, movement, process, and output of operations to ensure increased quality, inventory accuracy and service. This position is responsible for providing clear and frequent communication to all teams on the distribution center's productivity, company policies and procedures. An essential function of the supervisor is to motivate employees to keep pace with our explosive growth while maintaining challenging deadlines.
* Develop practical solutions to problems without sacrificing quality
* Meet department's daily, weekly and monthly goals of the distribution center
* Achieve high performance standards while coaching and training employees on best practices of our business
* Analyze opportunities for growth, cutting costs, reducing damages and improving efficiencies
* Continually improve productivity targets and process improvements
* Initiative to work with minimal instruction and direction
* Ability to work in a fast -paced and deadline driven environment
* Exhibit analytical thinking and problem solving
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Passion for supply chain management and constant process improvement
* Demonstrate maturity, responsibility and leadership ability
* At least 18 years old.
* Push and pull up to 150 lbs.
* Lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
* Constantly bend, reach, climb, and stand throughout the shift.
* Work a full shift which could range from 8-10 hours.
* Follow all codes of conduct, safety parameters, productivity, and quality standards, as well as attendance points.
Associated topics: garden, inventory, manage, management, manufacture, mow, plant management, production management, ship, transplant
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...