William Blair is a premier global boutique with expertise in investment banking, investment management, and private wealth management. We are committed to building enduring relationships with our clients and providing expertise and solutions to meet their evolving needs. An independent and employee-owned firm, William Blair is headquartered in Chicago and, together with its strategic partners, operates in more than 20 offices worldwide.
About the Team:
The Institutional Sales and Trading departments market and trade the firm's research products and underwritings in the United States and throughout the world. The U.S. Institutional Equity Sales department markets these products to institutional investors in North America, building relationships with portfolio managers and analysts at mutual funds, pension funds, investment advisors, banks and other money management organizations.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
Organize, direct, and convey equity research to the William Blair Institutional Sales and Trading department. Assist in preparation and operation of the daily Morning Sales & Trading Meetings. Synthesize overnight any pertinent equity research to construct daily Morning Trading Note, disseminated to the Private Wealth Management, Institutional Sales, and Trading teams. Monitor daily equity movements and news flow of the William Blair coverage universe, and facilitate accordingly with Equity Research Analysts (i.e. organizing break-in calls or afternoon research meetings). Serve as an outlet for the Equity Research department to coordinate research products or corporate access events to the sales teams.
* Develop detailed knowledge of William Blair Equity Research and understanding of an optimized sales and trading process.
* Assist in the organization of the daily Morning Meetings. Including: outreach to Equity Research Analysts for meeting scheduling, moderating the morning sales meeting, and presenting morning research flow overview on the morning trading meeting. Record and track morning meeting speakers and topics.
* Creation of the daily Morning Trading Note. Summarizing morning meeting equity research, in addition to any pertinent overnight research, upcoming corporate access events, or client event reminders for Sales.
* Monitoring intra-day equity movement and news flow of the William Blair coverage list. Connect and inform Analysts where needed of opportunities to get in front of the Sales and Trading teams. Communicate with sector traders to stay on top of pressing market matters.
* Work in conjunction with our Corporate Access team to help disseminate updates/messages to Sales and Trading regarding NDR's/Corporate Access events. Collect from Sales and funnel back recommendations for potential NDR targets to Corporate Access team.
* Collect feedback from Sales in an attempt to offer Analysts constructive criticism of Morning Meeting presentations. Act as a sounding board for Analysts, offering guidance/advice to assist them with growth of their individual franchises.
* During the annual Growth Stock Conference, serve as focal point for the Sales and Trading teams. Organize and distribute Analyst takeaways from published research reports from company meetings to the Sales and Trading teams in the form of daily update emails.
* Overall work to optimize the William Blair Sales and Trading strategy and help out where needed on various projects and tasks including account profiling, contact list generation, and serving as a bridge between the Equity Research and Sales & Trading teams.
As a William Blair associate, you'll enjoy Medical, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance, along with a generous profit sharing program that includes a 401K plan in addition to a firm contribution. We also offer three weeks of vacation, flexible spending accounts, a business casual dress code, a 75% discounted commissions on trades, and discounts at restaurants, museums, parks and retailers.
William Blair is an equal opportunity employer. It complies with all laws and regulations that prohibit discrimination in employment practice because of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, unfavorable discharge from the military service or on the basis of a physical or mental disability that is unrelated to the employee's ability to perform the duties of the job applied for.