Mid-level position within the Willis Towers Watson Metro NY Health & Benefits Brokerage and Advisory practice, providing strategic relationship management and consultative services to clients. Works closely with client service and production team to coordinate effective and efficient delivery of client services.
This mid-level position is primarily client facing and leverages established competencies related to employee benefits insurance services, plan design and administration to best service Willis Towers Watson mid-market clients.
* Coordinate the implementation of new clients
* Assist with the development of program design
* Resolve day-to-day service issues, including escalated eligibility, billing, and claim issues
* Provide consistent client service and answer client policy and coverage questions
* Follow up with clients and other internal employees assigned to the account on action plans to ensure decisions are implemented, contracts prepared, and appropriate parties notified
* Assist in resolving client, carrier and/or vendor accounting issues, including collections, discrepancies, fee arrangements, billing contracts and vendor commission tracking
* Coordinate legal review of SPDs, contracts, and legal documents to ensure compliance
* Answer compliance questions (with the help of National Legal & Research Group) and plan interpretation questions (conference calls, meetings, etc.)
* Coordinate 5500 filings information with Willis Towers Watson Government Filing Center
* Coordinate implementation and maintenance of various Willis Towers Watson products
* Assist with or manage policy checking and delivery
* Drive the Renewal/Marketing Process
* Gather vendor information and/or information from clients for marketing purpose
* Organize data into a \"carrier friendly\" format
* Prepare RFP and send to carriers
* Prepare proposal data into Willis Towers Watson's format for presentation to clients making recommendations
* Assist or ensure proper commission rates are requested and applied in all proposals
* Coordinate the implementation of new plans and or the continuation of current plans and contract changes
* Update Willis Towers Watson systems with client/vendor information
* Maintain relationships with Manager- and Director-level personnel (Director-HR, etc.)
* Support client retention ratio at or above the WNA Employee Benefits average
* Maintain strong carrier relationships to enhance Willis Towers Watson position in the market place
* Understand and can articulate to clients the Willis Towers Watson EB Value Proposition and EB Products and Services in order to support new business
* Understand clients' needs and can identify products and services to support needs.
* Comply with Willis Towers Watson Excellence Management program
* On a limited scope, assist in the sales process (RFP and proposal development, presentation, etc.)
* All other duties and project work as assigned
* BS/BA Degree required
* State Life and Health license
* Insurance degree a plus
* Professional designation/certification GBA or PHR preferred
* Three or more years of insurance industry experience related to servicing accounts
* Two or more years of analytical analysis of employee benefit programs preferred
* Intermediate Knowledge of: (1) insurance products, (2) bid preparation and analysis, and (3) problem claim resolution
* HMO, PPO, and Indemnity forms of Health, Dental, and Vision plans
* Consumer-driven healthcare, wellness, disease management, and current trends
* Regulatory environment of employee benefits plans, PPACA
* Life (term, permanent, etc.), LTD, STD, and state-required disability plans
* Basic underwriting concepts
* Basic funding concepts
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives with limited supervision
* Ability to handle and resolve client related issues.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment juggling multiple priorities
* Computer skills which include intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point, as well as navigation within the Internet. Familiarity with Microsoft Access a plus.
* Demonstrate a commitment to building new skills
* Air travel for client meetings required (approximately 5 -15 trips per year; usually day trips or 1 night stay)
* Driver's license required (for client travel)
* This opportunity will not provide visa assistance
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas - the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.