Wolters Kluwer is a global leader in professional information services. Professionals in the areas of legal, business, tax, accounting, finance, audit, risk, compliance and healthcare rely on Wolters Kluwer's market leading information-enabled tools and software solutions to manage their business efficiently, deliver results to their clients, and succeed in an ever more dynamic world. Wolters Kluwer combines deep domain knowledge with specialized technology. Our portfolio offers software tools coupled with content and services that customers need to make decisions with confidence. Every day, our customers make critical decisions to help save lives, improve the way we do business, build better judicial and regulatory systems. We help them get it right.
* Provide legal advice and guidance to Wolters Kluwer's Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) division on a wide variety of commercial and contractual matters
* Provide hands-on legal support in structuring, drafting, negotiating, interpreting, managing, and enforcing complex and high value commercial transactions including the preparation of master services, vendor, consulting, licensing, software and SaaS services agreements and partnering, reseller, joint venture and strategic alliance arrangements
* Provide comprehensive legal counseling regarding a broad variety of corporate, commercial, and intellectual property matters impacting GRC, including legal issues related to software licenses, SaaS services, and financial services
* Advise on litigation, regulatory and compliance matters impacting the GRC businesses, including data privacy regulations, sanctions (e.g. U.N. and U.S. Sanctions Programs) and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
* Advise the business on the protection, management and monetization of intellectual property rights and proactively develop and implement training regarding the use and protection of intellectual property
* Effectively manage, in a cost-efficient manner, outside counsel (in the US and abroad), in transactional, litigation and compliance matters
* Help educate the various business, IT and Sales teams in GRC about intellectual property rights and obligations, commercial and legal risks, and the contract review and approval best practices
* Work with the GRC Legal team to standardize and improve the contract management process
* A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible corporate/commercial legal experience, preferably including experience with both a top-tier law firm and an established corporate law department
* Juris Doctor or LLB with academic distinction, from highly regarded, nationally recognized educational institutions
* Experience drafting and negotiating domestic and international commercial contracts and technology agreements, including software license and support agreements, software-as-a-service (SaaS) agreements and consulting agreements (master agreements and statements of work)
* Experience identifying risks and key issues and providing practical legal advice to business clients
* Experience conducting negotiations in a global, matrixed environment and managing urgent priorities from multiple stakeholders
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
* Ability to travel occasionally as needed
ABOUT WOLTERS KLUWER
Wolters Kluwer N.V. (AEX: WKL) is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2017 annual revenues of ?4.4billion. The company, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries and employs 19,000 people worldwide. Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.
For more information about our solutions and organization, visit www.wolterskluwer.com, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orien