Employment Type: Full-Time
Worldpay is making payments smarter, faster and easier for all our
partners, as well as the consumers they serve. From the largest
retailers in the U.S. to the coffee shop down the street, we are
leading the transformation in payments through chip-enabled cards,
mobile wallets, eCommerce, and payment solutions for businesses of all
sizes. We are the fastest growing payments company in the U.S., first
in PIN Debit transactions and the second largest merchant acquirer.
Visit ************ for more.
We consistently develop and deliver new features onto our live
platform. This platform handles millions of merchant transactions
around the clock. These features along with our ability to
consistently deliver them make us stand out in the highly competitive
payments business. Our engineering team is critical to our mission we are fundamentally a technology company. We succeed by offering
innovative features to our merchants while retaining the reliability,
quality, and fault tolerance they require.
We are seeking well-versed engineers and do not hire based on buzz
word technologies. Our engineering team utilizes Agile Development
methodologies and employs a collaborative approach to our work. Our
primary goal is to deliver business value early and often.
A comprehensive benefits package, competitive compensation, and free
use of an in-office, state-of-the-art fitness center are just a few of
the perks offered to Worldpay's employees.
Rewarding Impact. Fulfilling Careers.
Making an impact isn't something reserved for people in corner
offices. At Worldpay, it comes from people in every corner of the
office. People with ambition, optimism and courage. We provide growth
and opportunity and give employees flexibility in how they get the job
done. You might not expect that from a big payments company, but we're
smart enough to know how to hire the best and when to step aside and
let them lead. Our goal is that you never stop learning and you never
cease to amaze---especially yourself. If this fits your career goal,
we can't wait to welcome you on board.
* Design, develop, and test software for scalability, reliability,
and data recovery associated with a high-volume, high-availability
* Collaborate with other internal teams (Product, Platform, Merchant
Services and Support) to distill business requirements into
* Use Agile software techniques such as pair programming and test
driven development to maximize productivity and quality
* Deploy new features into production with zero platform downtime
and no impact to end customers who are currently processing
* Build domain expertise in e-commerce payments and apply
engineering expertise to develop new product features
* A "team focus" with strong collaboration and communication skills
* Ability to quickly grasp high-level business goals, derive
requirements, and translate them into effective technical
* Exceptional design and programming skills (Java preferred, but we
are open to other Object-Oriented languages)
* Proficiency with SQL, relational data modeling, and basic database
* Ability to solve architectural and system issues involving
scalability, distributed systems, and relational databases
* Ability to fluidly change context and priorities based on changing
* Penchant toward self-motivation. These words should describe you:
dedicated, energetic, curious, conscientious, and flexible
* Development experience with a unit testing framework (JUnit and
experience employing TDD preferred)
* Agile and pair programming experience a plus. A willingness to try
is a requirement
* Linux/Unix experience a plus
* Typically requires a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 years of
related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or
equivalent work experience.
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions
for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements
listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability
deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position
description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of
duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be required to
perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their
leader, subject to reasonable accommodation.
Loading some great jobs for you...