Software QA Automation EngineerDenver, ColoradoJob Summary
The Senior QA Automation Engineer is responsible for developing and supporting automated testing using Visual Studio CodedUI, as well as supporting tools and utilities for the Quality Assurance group. This role also provides training and mentoring to teammates and leading special projects. Participates in all facets of the software design process and perform research into new technologies and services to support Vantiv | Integrated Payments vision.
Essential Functions include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Maintain and enhance working automation framework
- Create high complexity automated testing applications, procedures and guidelines
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of applicable products and services as they evolve
- Consult with management to ensure agreement on system principles.
- Develop, document and revise automation test procedures and quality standards.
- Analyze test information and results to determine, recommend, and plan for the successful release of high quality code and infrastructure to our customers.
- Participate in the complete software design process (requirements, design, implementation, and test).
- Manage lifecycle expectations to minimize risk and address company needs.
- Work with development to triage existing bugs and ensure that bugs, enhancements, and change requests follow the established life cycle.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Contribute to requirements and non-functional requirements gathering sessions as it relates to PCI compliance within a given release.
- Increase knowledge through internal resources, supervisors, fellow employee's company trainings, and trade publications.
- Perform test coverage analysis of test plans and schedules and use this information to prioritize testing.
- Provide mentoring and guidance for new and current personnel as it relates to current automation testing practices and procedures.
- Test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems.
- Ability to work well in cross-disciplinary groups.
- Install software/hardware to support the testing process.
- Prepare reports or correspondence concerning project specifications, activities, or testing status.
Qualifications - to perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential functions satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability needed or desired.Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related field/ degree or equivalent work experience required
- Experience performing quality assurance, system administration, or software development in a Microsoft systems environment desired
- Programming & Automation skills are required
- Previous IT or Software Development experience is required
- Strong computer and analytical skills required.
- TFS / MTM / Visual Studio CodedUI
- .NET knowledge (ASP.net, C#, VB.NET, web services, IIS)
- SQL Server knowledge
- SAFE / Agile process experience
- Knowledge of CRM applications a bonus but not required
- PC Knowledge (Microsoft Office Applications)
- Basic understanding of LAN networking and Internet Protocol
- Strong written and oral communications
- Excellent Troubleshooting, listening and problem solving skills
- Critical thinking & pattern recognition abilities
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to set project expectations and meet deadlines
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-task environment
- Ability to accept and evolve with changes in policies and procedures
Associated topics: automation, performance test, process, qa, quality assurance analyst, quality assurance engineer, software quality assurance, software quality engineer, test, test engineer