- YRC Worldwide Inc.
55 Oakdale Rd
Effectively leads, directs and manages all activities related to facility operations for a medium size end of line terminal to ensure continuous improvement of operational efficiencies while reducing costs and to meet or exceed customer expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Direct and coordinate operations to obtain optimum use of equipment, facilities and personnel to meet customer needs.
* Ensure necessary resources of labor, equipment and time are available to all employees to allow maximum productivity of operations staff.
* Manages dock and City operations to budget and is responsible for achieving service growth and OR goals.
* Recruit, develop and retain qualified personnel to ensure effective operations in support of company's mission and goals. Responsible for the selection, training, motivation and discipline of terminal employees.
* Conducts performance reviews and focuses on development and career planning.
* Establishes and maintains a good working relationship with labor by resolving problems in a fair and timely manner.
* Administers a safety program which encourages a safe work environment and focus on prevention of accidents and injuries.
* Ensures compliance with government and company regulations, policies and procedures.
* Bachelor's degree in business, logistics or related field.
* 3 years previous management and/or supervisory experience.
* Decision-making ability with excellent customer focus and demonstrated attention to detail with proven track record for delivering results.
* Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced/high volume environment.
* 3 years successful operations leadership experience.
* Knowledge of company policy, procedures and applicable collective bargaining agreements.
* Knowledge of equipment and facility maintenance procedures.
YRC Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Associated topics: fertilize, forklift, fork lift, lawn, manage, manufacture, mow, production management, prune, ship
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...