Zurich is seeking an Underwriting Solutions Senior Consultant to join Surety/ Credit & Political Risk Underwriting Solutions team. This role will be based in the Jersey City, NJ or World Trade Center, NYC; or Schaumburg, IL Headquarters office.
This is a senior-level consultant leading projects that support global and/or regional strategic and operational priorities. Leads multiple projects of moderate to large size and complexity; may coordinate other consultants participating in assigned projects. This person will take a proactive and holistic approach to business practices and processes, including identifying opportunities for improvement, developing solutions, managing initiatives, and aligning appropriate Subject Matter Experts (SME) and resources needed from across the business to execute change.
In this role you will be responsible for planning, managing, tracking, and executing projects that deliver high quality and timely results to the business. Also, accountable for the continuous improvement of the E2E processes for the businesses we support. Project responsibilities include documenting business requirements, process analysis and mapping, creative problem solving and root cause analysis, identifying and designing business solutions, creating user test cases, pilots and acceptance testing, and issue resolution.
In addition, partners across the business to identify, develop, and implement change management strategies; acts as a change agent in the implementation of initiatives that support strategic and operational priorities.
- Bachelor s Degree and 6 or more years of experience in organizational transformation OR
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 8 or more years of experience in organizational transformation AND
- Knowledge in organizational design and development
- Experience leading organizational change
- Experience with Surety and/or Credit & Political Risk lines of business highly preferred
- In-depth knowledge and experience implementing business process reengineering, change management, performance metrics and measures, cost/benefit analysis, benchmarking, process mapping/simulation, data analysis, LEAN methodologies
- Knowledge of existing and emerging technologies and how those technologies can be used to improve business processes and transaction processing
- Broad-based knowledge of insurance industry including knowledge of insurance business processes , UW principles and operations
- Relevant designations and certifications including but not limited to CPCU, PMP, RPLU, LEAN
- Project management experience preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships
- Strong Analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.